Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Curvy Keepsake Box Pumpkins

I love the new Curvy keepsake box in the Holiday Catalog.  I make a lot of favors, an amazing lot of them it seems and so anytime a new little favor box comes out I jump right on it.  This little box is just so cute and can be used for just about any occasion.  With fall approaching, the first thing I thought of was pumpkins, and I wasn't the only one!  They are popping up on Pinterest like crazy!   And some people have even made animals and angry birds. I am sure we haven't seen the end of the ideas for this adorable box!




To make the box you need to use the Curvy Keepsake framelit die.  The die comes with some cute tags too.








You need to cut our two in order to make the box.
I thought it would be cute to add some lines to the box to mimic the ridges on a pumpkin. You can use a marker or a mask and sponge to make the lines.  I looked though my stamps and found the "Draw the Line" photo-polymer stamp set and I used it on the sides of the box.







 Next I softened the edges of the box by sponging ink around all the sides. 















I added a face to some of my pumpkins for Halloween.  I used the stamp set Fall Fest.  There are three different faces in the set. You can also make these with out the faces and use them for any fall themed party. This set has a matching framelit set that I used to make the leaves.













Adhere your two pieces together.  Whenever I make a box or treat holder, I make sure to use a very strong adhesive because I know that the box is going to be handled a lot more than a card.  I used to use the red sticky strip, a great strong product, but recently started to use the new "Fast Fuse" adhesive in the new big Catalog from Stampin' Up!  The Fast Fuse adhesive is a strong bond like sticky strip, but faster and easier to use. 



First fold up the two sides that have the handles.  Then you will need to fold one slotted side up and through the handles.  Fill your favor with candy at this point.  Then finish assembling your box.

Add some ribbon, leaves, what ever you like. I used Mossy Meadow ribbon and paper.












The stamps in the Project Life Holiday Cheer stamp set are sized just right for the tags.












This pumpkin without the jack-o-lantern face would be a great favor for your Thanksgiving table. I am sure I will be making a lot of these boxes in the coming months!















Thanks for stopping by today!!
















2 comments:

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!