Friday, August 5, 2016

Vintage Leaves

Hello everyone! Today I wanted to share some cards that I made with the Vintage Leaves Stamp set. I pulled this set out because I was looking at the upcoming Holiday catalog ~ That's right, I got to see and order from the upcoming Holiday catalog!! Demonstrators got to see it and start ordering on August 1st, a fun reason to become a demonstrator don't you think?  Anyway, I was looking through the catalog and making my wish list, which was very long, and I was trying to prioritize my order so that I could spread it out a bit (seriously this catalog is great and you will have a long wish list too!) I was thinking I would get fall things first and so I was looking at fall items and noticed that there was not a leaf set or a very fall set.  Fall happens to be my favorite and so I was a little bummed but at the same time it is a good thing because the Halloween and winter stuff is so great that I really didn't need more things.  So then I was looking at what is in the big annual catalog and I saw the vintage leaf set! I love this set, why was I needing another? so silly.  Anyway, I decided to make something with it right away.  I had recently made a drawing for my sister's birthday, and I based the card on the left on the drawing. 





I started the cards by stamping the leaves on a piece of  watercolor paper with Archival Basic Black ink.  I then used some washi tape to make a frame around the edge before adding the watercolor background.  See how the Soft Sky
ink is framing the leaves?  I thought it added some interest to the background.  I then removed the mask and painted the leaves.  This card uses Soft Sky, Pear Pizazz, and Wisteria Wonder.









 I then decided to make another version in some fall colors.  I used Crumb Cake for the background, and Delightful Dijon and Cajun Craze on the leaves. 














I love the fun and whimsical look to the watercolor.  I used some linen thread behind the 'for you' sentiment.















This is the fun piece I made for my sister.  The loves Ginkgo leaves and so I drew some ginkgo leaves with an archival pen, then added the ink on with my Aqua Painter.  I hope that she liked it.  I added it to her birthday present.














Product List



Product List












No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!