Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Petals and Paisleys

I everyone.  Today I thought I would share a card that we made at Stamp camp a while ago. I  kept meaning to post it, but got caught up in a lot of other projects and this one slipped through the cracks.
 I made two versions of this card, a simple and a dressed up.  By just adding a little bit of copper accents you can get a really dressed up card.
The ribbon is from the 3/8 ribbon Trio pack in the Holiday catalog.  You can see it in my supply list below.







We used the Paisleys and Posies stamp set and Framelits for the card, as well as the Petals and Paisleys designer series paper.  The stamps are Photoploymere and we were able to put mulitple stamps onto the block and stamp all the Old Olive shapes a bunch at a time.






To get the scalloped edge I used the Best Badge Punch.  I added a line with a Sharpie on the back of the punch to help me keep the paper straight.
Another tip for making the scallops is to not start the first scallop perfectly at the edge of the card.  You want to have a bit of a scallop on each side, because it will never end up that if you start a scallop at one end, the other end will finish perfectly with a full scallop.  Does that make sense? It just looks better if both sides are partial scallops instead of one full and one partial.








The inside of the card has a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock to write your greeting, and a stripe of Petals and Paisley designer series paper to peek through the front behind the scallop.







Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!